Check out this link from the American Academy of Pediatrics who have revised their guidelines for children’s screen-time viewing.
- no screen time for children under 18 months (except for live video chats with Nanna!)
- some limited evidence to show that children between 15 months and 2 years can learn new words from educational media
- no more than 1 hour of screen time per day for children 2-5 years
- learning only occurs when an adult watches with them and talks about what they can see, relating it to their real life (much like you do when you share a picture book together)
- studies have shown that children who engage in screen time on their own have poorer language skills